The Gullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missy - short story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

Missy - short story Empty
PostSubject: Missy - short story   Missy - short story Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 am

ORIGINAL STORY DO NOT STEAL!!1! And I realized Redwall is a furry book. Goddammit. I just picked one at random because in the dream it was the Cthulhu Mythos. It would have been kind of meh, then.

I wrote:
Missy Kingston had to be one of the few people that I immediately connected with. It was too bad it was a complete sham. She was a role model, a second mother, even.

I jumped into the maw of hell when I decided to pay a visit to the new book and hobby store. What fell under ‘hobby’ mainly included board games and small trinkets. As I walked into that damned place, a bell tinkled. At first I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, but then my eyes beheld a collection that rivaled the local library’s. There were the popular best-selling books, and obscure titles even I had never heard of. All of them were neatly in place on the various shelves and tables, and there was the faint scent of vanilla in the air.

I loved vanilla. That was what my grandmother’s house smelled like when I was a child. With the nostalgic aroma and soft lighting (perfect for reading) I began to feel drowsy. With a yawn, I began to browse. It wasn’t like I was in a hurry or anything that day. A book caught my eye. I can’t remember the title, but the second I picked it up there was the sound of footsteps.

“Can I help you find anything?” the voice was clearly female. I turned about and was about to dismiss her until I looked her in the eye. It wasn’t until later that I noticed her strawberry-blonde hair, that she was a tall woman, or that she wore glasses. My eyes were transfixed by hers. There was something about them that drew you in. Not gently, like the eyes of your lover, but forcefully, demanding your focus. With considerable effort, I managed to break contact.

“No. No, I’m fine,” I lied. She was at least thirty years older than I was.

“I see you’ve got one of the Redwall books with you,” she leaned in uncomfortably close, causing me to flinch in slight alarm.

“Yeah. It’s okay, I guess.” Was there anything else that could be said to the woman? She was like a magnet, repelling and attracting all at once. It was more than a little unnerving.

“I’ve got more of them around the corner,” she announced. “Follow me.” I followed her. There wasn’t really a choice. A clock hung on the wall, swinging a pendulum and ticking quietly. I looked away and followed the woman until she pointed to a collection of books, mostly fantasy. “Similar things, in case you were a fan of fantasy.”

“Right,” I answered. She seemed nice enough, but there was an undercurrent of malevolence that seemed to ooze from her pores. “Unfortunately I don’t have the money for-”

“Oh! That’s fine. Take it. You’ll just owe me later,” Missy smiled. Internal shuddering ensued.

“But this isn’t a lib-fine.” I left the store with the book. She had said it would be fine, but what did she mean when she said I ‘owed’ her?

HOORAY FOR PIZZA-INDUCED NIGHTMARES. I'll update this/put it on dA after some polishing.
Back to top Go down

Missy - short story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gullies :: Serious/Casual stuff :: Lounge-
Jump to: