The Gullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How2rp here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

How2rp here Empty
PostSubject: How2rp here   How2rp here Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Sticky this Whiskers. Do it.

Wilkommen first-time and veteran rpers alike. Most of the people here should know me as the obligatory trap of the forum, and I thought we should get some basic stuff written down as to how your posts should be structured as well as a general vocabulary guide.

Terminology:

Godmodding - If you do this you're a faggot. Basically you make your character ridiculously overpowered and/or force another person's characters to do something.

>>>>i.e. if I said that my character did x to Wesker's character and WESKER DID Y I'm godmodding. Of course should I be restraining his character against his character's will (say for example my character grabbed his character's wrist and forced him to write) I personally wouldn't consider this godmodding.

Mary Sue - Okay everyone does it but that doesn't make it less faggy. You make an author-avatar or You Only Better. While there's nothing wrong with it unless they're overpowered, a lot of people look down on it. If you have naturally purple hair, you're probably Sueing. Of course making a hideous, bitchy, unlikable character has the same effect (The Scrappy). A useful Sue-tester can be found here.

OC/Original Character - Exactly what it says on the tin. This is a character not tied to any official franchise. Can appear in Original Fiction and often shows up in fanfics. Take care that you don't let it fall into Mary Sue territory.

On Post Format

A post generally considered 'good' has proper grammar, a minimum of spelling errors, and fits into the story. Usually, one to three paragraphs is sufficient. Any less (such as a one-liner) or more (a tl;dr) tends to distract people and not all of us have a good attention span. Press Enter/Return a couple times to space out new ideas, the same as if you were writing.

When speaking in-character third-person is the most-used format but first-person isn't unheard of. Speaking in first-person relies on terms such as 'I' and 'me' while third person relies on 'his/her' and the character's name.

When speaking OUT OF CHARACTER use either brackets [ ] or parentheses ( ) and try to put this at the top or bottom of your post to eliminate confusion.

KEEP YOUR POSTS IN STANDARD-SIZED FONT. DO NOT USE GIANT HOT PINK FONT. IT LOOKS UGLY AS HELL AND NOBODY WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY OR ASK YOU OUT. EVER.

POST EXAMPLE LOLK:

(Your thoughts on what's going on here. NOT your character's thoughts. This is optional and sometimes discouraged.)

Your post here. Should be 1-3 paragraphs.

(Closing thoughts.)

Next I'll work on writing up a character-creation thread since that's another topic entirely. Sticky it Whiskers. <333333
Back to top Go down

How2rp here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gullies :: RP stuff! :: Random nonsense RP's-
Jump to: