The Gullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do we REALLY exist?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RPholic
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

Do we REALLY exist? Empty
PostSubject: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Ya know I know this seems like a silly subject but it is kinda fun to think about. And now we shall hopefully have a very active discussion about it! Very Happy

Do we exist? I mean sure, we can feel each other and have feelings and etc. And maybe even use our science to prove that we do exist. But imagine if you will that we are merely characters of a story or a play. Imagine if all we REALLY were was thoughts in some young aspiring playwrights head.

Hell, Imagine if it was just like the freaking matrix where we are being harvested for power xD I always like to ponder "greater than us" stuff like this. I mean every now and again I think about if I die and some guy somewhere wakes up and his waife does and all he says about it was "What a wierd dream" imagine if that's what my entire life and death meant in reality. A wierd dream someone had.

Seems crazy I know but xD debate outta the box a lil bit people! So, in your opinion, do we REALLY exist? if we don't what do you imagine we really are?
Back to top Go down
https://gullible.forumotion.com
Insane-Rob
Lord Wadelsworth British Roundhead
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:09 pm

It's one of those great mysterious that well shall never be able to solve.

On a smilar note, I've had this idea in the back of my head that it's perfectly possible for the whole universe to have come into existance at this exact moment, with each person having memories simply placed into their heads.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 pm

shit rob you are blowin mai minnnnd brooooooo *makes the o sound for another 5 minutes*

That's a pretty interesting thought. I always had an idea that maybe this sorta thinking is what got people beleiving in reincarnation. Cause I could imagine people like dying and instead of like ehaven or hlel or soemthing they end up waking up as someone else who just thinks that was all a crazy dream. That's reincarnation in a way isn't it?

Plus, id like to imagine if i die an author is going to wake up somewhere and be like "I HAVE INSPIRATION!!!!!!11!"1
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't buy the whole re-incarnation thing for the simple reason the human population is ever-increasing, unless ofcourse we go into the whole "You were a tiger in a past life woo000ooo O:" nonsense.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

xD man if we were animals at one point maybe that'd explain people who are into beastiality.

The thing that would make reincarnation cooler is that if you actually maybe even maintained skills or even memories of your most recent life. though guess that'd be bad for like.....people who may of been serial killers in thier past lives
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Shouldn't that mean we could all remember a previous life right now though?
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I toootally remember my past life....I was L in a past life >___> and don't you forget it yo. That's why I can't watch deathnote cause i get all sad that I see myself die.....(amisellingdisstorytouorwat?)
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:19 pm

You were a fictional character in a past life?

I think there may be a small flaw in that logic...
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:20 pm

nonsense rob!the only flaw in my logic is that you keep pointing out flaws in my logic D:<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we REALLY exist?   Do we REALLY exist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do we REALLY exist?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gullies :: Serious/Casual stuff :: Debates!-
Jump to: