The Gullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The search of an obsessed man

Go down 
+2
RPholic
Insane-Rob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Insane-Rob
Lord Wadelsworth British Roundhead
Insane-Rob

The search of an obsessed man Empty
PostSubject: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:10 am

Continued from here

(greek)"Today we join Dr. Richard Weaver, who believes he has found conclusive proof that the thought-to-be-mythical city of Atlantis may actually exist in more than just legend." The news reporter was sat opposite him in the small Greek restaurant, Richard had never been comfortable around women, but this could finally be the day he made his scientific career. "So doctor, what is this artifact?"
She gestured towards the slate on the table, he had found it yesterday while on a dive off the coast off Skyros.
"Well Amanda" Richard directed towards the woman "My team and I found this artifact yesterday, it is covered in symbols that are similar to ancient Greek, but differ in a way that makes them untangible for translation. Though here, at the top, written in a dialect we do understand, is a symbol which we believe to translate as 'Ατλαντίδα', Greek for Atlantis."
The woman looked less than impressed "And you think this is conclusive proof that the city itself is more than just a myth?"
"Yes" Her look did not improve, she was probably used to more indepth interviews, but Richard did not know what else there was to say. She posed him with more questions.
"How long have you and your team been searching for the mythical city?"
"I, myself, have been searching since the age of 13, but my team has only been together since early 2005"
"And do you think this artifact will be enough to convince people that your search has been fruitful?"
"I sincerely hope so"

It felt like an eternity, but eventually she stopped asking questions and cut 'back to the studio'. Richard walked over to the bar after shaking hands with the interviewer and bidding her a farewell. He ordered a coke, having never drank, and sat down at a nearby table, hoping that this really was the discovery his family had been searching for for the past 3 decades.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:15 am

Blake sat down next to his friend Richard who looked a little anxious, which made sense considering what had just happened mere mmoments ago, he ordered himself a coke as well. Turning to Richard, he grinned and said "well, who knew you might of actually been right after all these years. And here I was thinking you'd be alot mroe then just a little crazy by the time you actually found anything. Congrats mate" he said as he was broguht his drink and he gestured it towards Richard in a toasting manner before taking a drink. He resumed a more natural position, childish in a way actually, where he folded his arms on the table of the bar and laid his head down on his arms like a kid falling asleep during a school lecture. He asked Richard, in a faked uninterested tone, before letting himself seemingly doze off

"So.....think you've finally found what you've been lookin for hmn?"
Back to top Go down
https://gullible.forumotion.com
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 am

Lyka leaned idly against the wall of the small Grecian restaurant, eyes closed, basking in the golden glow of the sun filtering through the windows. She opened one eye lazily, her gaze landing on her teammate Richard, who was still talking to the reporter about their latest find. The poor man looked awkward, fidgeting and answering each question as quickly and concisely as possible. The man definitely didn't know how to talk to people, especially not strangers. That was pretty much Blake's job. She wasn't too good with people either. She was, however, extremely good at obtaining things that did not initially belong to her. And that was her whole purpose on the team.

She closed her eyes again, listening drowsily to the murmurs of conversation around her. The sun felt warm on her tan skin, and she smiled, enjoying the sensation.

Abruptly, the scraping of chair legs on wooden floors pulled Lyka back to her usual paranoid state of awareness, and she shifted, pushing herself off the wall as the interviewer passed her. The woman gave her a wary look, and Lyka grinned maniacally, her celery green eyes sparkling mischievously. "Have a nice day, sweetheart." she told the woman, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

She strolled towards the table Richard now occupied, grinning slightly as Blake plopped down across from Richard, his head on his arms like some sort of overgrown schoolboy. Her smile widened exponentially as she neared the table, ending in a full blown wolfish grin as she threw herself haphazardly into the chair next to Richard. She snagged Blake's Coke and took several large gulps before sliding the cup back across the table towards him and slouching in her chair, feet resting on the chair across from her.

"You're pretty much the smoothest person I've ever seen interviewed, Richard." she joked, peering at her friend.

Last edited by Stark on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fawkyeahbirkin.deviantart.com
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

Shultz calmly walked into the restaurant, and instead of going to the table went to talk to the chef about the dinner arrangements. After arguing for a bit over whether Salmon would be better off stuffed with crab or sardines Shultz left the kitchen in a rage. "Vhy can't cooks do anyzing right?"

He sighed and walked over to a table behind Richard and the party. He was just a sponsor for their endeavor, he shouldn't get involved but he decided he needed one last great adventure. A long time it had been since his life was exciting, and he was old. He accepted death, but was going to fight it back to hell. He hated the people he hired, he saw them as worthless swine, but still he would respect them till the time was right.

He mumbled, "Goddamn heat," before lighting up his pipe and hiding behind a newspaper.

Last edited by Albert_Wesker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

Bill turned off the TV as the image shifted from the reporter standing next to an anxious man back to the anchors. The LIVE icon had vanished, too. He could have sworn he recognized the background as the downstairs bar. He wasn't technically allowed in there, but it was probably one of the best places to get information. The polearm was a bit too long to conceal, so he crept down towards the lobby, hiding on a stair that obscured him from almost every angle, but allowed him to peek into the bar. Bill's eyes darted around, isolating and combining individual lines of sight, as this had become second nature to him.

Could that man, perhaps, be able to read the map concealed in his pants pocket? He seemed all right, but there wasn't any real way to tell. The young man weighed his options, then headed down the remainder of the steps, blending into the crowd seamlessly despite the fact his skin hadn't been weathered and tanned by the Mediterranean.

Last edited by Seihou on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:41 am

Blake pulled up a seat next to Richard "So.....think you've finally found what you've been lookin for hmn?"
"After all this time, I sure hope so" It may have only been a few years to the rest of them, but he felt like he'd been searching forever. He leaned back, barely balancing on the stool and looked out the window onto the beach nearby, once he was done proving his fathers work, he was going to get out in that ocean and never come back, the sea was where he belonged.
His vision was blocked by Lyka walking past and taking a seat to his left, she somehow managed to reach over and take most of Blakes drink without any effort. He wasn't sure the poor guy even noticed.
"You're pretty much the smoothest person I've ever seen interviewed, Richard." She grinned at him.
"Oh har har Kai" He knew she hated when he shortened her name to that, which was exactly why he did it.
He took a large drink, finishing off the glass, before getting back up again. "I'd love to stay and chat guys, but nature calls" It was a lie, he just needed a little more time to stare out to sea.

Last edited by Insane-Rob on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:46 am

Blake gave a sigh to acknowledge Richard's statement as he ehard the footsteps stop enar him and someone take a seat nearby. And, of course, the sound of someone taking his drink as the person, who he suspected the identity of, relaxed he just stated, with a yawn "Seems even though you are a professional 'gatherer' of objects that aren't yours with enough money to buy your own coke you just can't help but steal can't ya?" He raised his head and grinned towards her as Richard made his own comment to her little joke. As rob headed out to heed nature's call he waved and said "make sure you get it all out so you don't end up pissing yourself the next time you interview" as he laughed something caught his eye. He gave another chuckle and turned to Lyka "Seems like our sponsor is checking out his investment" as he pointed out the poorly hidden Shultz. He didn't particularly like the guy but he was wealthy and helped Richard out so Blake made sure not to offend the guy. Though he did give him a clever nickname, at least it seemed clever to Blake, which he recounted outloud by accident.

"It's like he's suspicious of us or something....hehe old baron von dou-" he stopped himself in mid sentance and turned around just in case Shultz would have been able to piece that one together. So, instead of saying anything insulting, he just stared at Shultz throguh his newspaper, knowing the man would eventually feel Blake's gaze on him and acknowledge them in some way.

Last edited by RPholic on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:46 am

"Baron von vhat?" Shultz sneered through the newspaper, dropping it down to glare at this new threat.

"I sponsor you, you do ze job, ve all happy, ja?" He lifted his newspaper up again and just thought about what he was going to do to him later.

"A Zeement meexer of nails is too good for you swheine," he thought to himself. He felt the eyes of the room turn to him and back to their business, but he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was glaring at him still. He soaked in the hatred and saved it for later.

Last edited by Albert_Wesker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:49 am

EDITTED IT A BIT FROM THE FIRST TIME I PUT THIS UP

Lyka scowled at Richard as he stood, eyes narrowed. She knew perfectly well he wasn't going to take care of business, but rather, sneaking out to stare longingly at the ocean. She decided to let him go. Lyka knew how much finding Atlantis meant to Richard, and their newest discovery was a huge leap towards achieving that goal. Spacing out, Lyka stared down at the worn tabletop.

Blake's taunt about the Coke roused her from her ponderings. Annoyed, she looked up at him, then grinned slightly, replying, "Old habits die hard, Blakey boy." Blake smirked, and then glanced over his shoulder before telling her, "Seems like our sponsor is checking out his investment..."

Lyka's celery green gaze settled on the man Blake had indicated, scrutinizing the newspaper the man was using to conceal himself. This wasn't the first time she'd met the creepy German Baron. The man set off every single one of Lyka's internal "danger" alarms. He had a slightly edge to him, and she couldn't shake the feeling the Baron was hiding something. His thinly veiled distaste for Richard and his team was obvious to Lyka, no matter how hard the Baron tried to conceal it.

Blake suddenly spoke to the man, barely managing to shut his mouth midway through one of his more idiotic nicknames for their sponsor. Lyka groaned internally, her green eyes flicking over to look at the German again. He lowered his newspaper, giving Blake a withering glare. Lyka stared at the man, even as he hid behind his newspaper yet again. Something about him was very, very off, and Lyka didn't trust him. Not at all. She stared at him almost absentmindedly, deep in thought.

Last edited by Stark on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brenzie

Brenzie

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 am

Decided to change Alex's outfit, I mean trench coat in Greece is a bit taboo, so I guess a green tank top and baggy cargo pants with a pair of black boots.../end

Alex sat in the back of the restaurant drinking her green tea quietly while staring at the fluffy white clouds contently; day dreaming of the summer days with her grandparents and the stories her grandfather would share about the war and how he met grandmother.
She released a small sigh and placed her cup down quietly with a small smile and raised her head to watch Richard leave; she's always admired his dedication to this search and how adventurous he is. Richard was like a little brother to her and seeing as how she was a single child, she has long awaited for a sibling like figure.

Alex then set her gaze upon Blake and Lyka, trying to gain courage to rise from her seat and to engage in conversation with them, but about what?
"Oh, hey guys! Have you ever amputated a man's arm? I know I have!" She then groaned at that thought alone.

She reluctantly rose from her seat and began to frantically pace towards the bar, past the elderly sponsor. Now Alex was always curious about him and how he vaguely reminded her of the men her grandfather mentioned in his stories
She couldn't help but gaze at him out of pure curiosity but as soon as he set his newspaper down she shot her eyes to something else and quietly marched to the bar as he scorned Blake with that thick accent of his.
She finally found her place in the bar and snugged right into a seat next to Lyka, but couldn't help to still feel all alone. There she waited quietly till someone spoke to her.

Well, I tried.

Last edited by SelfProclaimedZombieSlyr on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:18 am

Blake's only response to the Baron was a wave of his hand to acknowledge what the baron said in a "yeah, whatever" sort of way. He turned back around to Lyka just as Alex had taken a seat nearby. He only made a slight nod in her direction to acknowledge her and then asked Lyka in a hushed manner so Shultz wouldn't hear them.

"So, you think this new find will get us anywhere.....?" He turned around to check if Shultz seemed to be trying to listen in on the conversation but it didn't seem that way so he turned back around. "hmnnn....actually let's not discuss that here" he said, retracting the question altogether "I am sure if it will then Richard will tell us about it as soon as he finds out." He then switched the subject to something more enjoyable. "So, when Richard get's back how about we arrange for some sorta little celebration eh? Maybe something a bit more enjoyable then just drinking cokes at a bar with a creepy old guy watching us?" He made sure to keep his voice down so that Shultz didn't hear. He didn't want the old guy ruining the moment.

(b'awwwww it feels too shooorrrttt D:)

Last edited by RPholic on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:28 am

Richard made himself at home on some stone steps leading down to the beach, this part of the island was largely deserted to tourists, which made the sand lay smooth and undisturbed. The only other people were about a dozen or so locals at the bar, and a few surfers he could see off in the distance. It was still early in the day, he didn't have his watch but the interview had been scheuelled for 11:00am, so it was probably roughly half past the hour now. He couldn't hear anything the others were saying, there was too much noise from the rest of the bar, instead he chose to listen to the waves wash against the shore.
He'd been forced to dress smart for his TV appearance by the rest of the group, but he took off the jacket, thrown off the belt and unbuttoned his shirt as soon as he'd sat down, it really didn't suit him to be all dressed up. He looked like a tramp in a businessmans wardrobe. He hadn't shaved for a few days now, so he had some untidy stubble across his chin, he never was one for looking clean though. His hair was getting long and shaggy too, much longer and he'd have to start tying it back into a ponytail, the idea didn't appeal to him, but neither did the effort of getting it cut.
He would have gladly stayed here all day, but he had to get to work trying to translate this new writing, the guys always knew he'd want some space to work, so he didn't feel guilty trying to creep off to somewhere secluded. The bar had some rooms for rent upstairs, so that was where the team had set up shop for now. They'd only been able to afford two, so he and Blake were in one, Lyka and Alex in the other. Thankfully Blake preffered to stay in the bar than come upstairs, so he got up and went to collect his bag back from the table he'd left it on.

Last edited by Insane-Rob on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 pm

[Fucking shit I had to redo this whole thing goddammit.]

Nobody noticed him as he slid into a vacant table at the back. In fact, it took ten minutes for the waitress to notice he had even arrived. In that time, he had examined everyone in the room and even concocted several escape routes, as was his habit.

"That man with the ice-cold eyes. He's sponsoring them?" he murmured as the peppy waitress showed up. In typical food-service fashion, her hair was tied into a ponytail. "A Sprite, please," he asked, knowing he'd mangled the pronunciation and grammar. He quickly apologized for it.

"Don't worry, I know what you meant," she said, in perfect English. "We do that to all of the customers." Less than a minute later, she had returned, giggling, with a glass of the clear liquid. Bill's face burned and he looked down at the table, because she and her loud voice had already attracted a few gazes. She sat down and chatted with him a while, each sentence causing him to sink a bit lower into his chair, thankfully getting up after being reminded to do her job.

Last edited by Seihou on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 pm

"Vhy does he dink I am deaf? Zi am only seventy," Shultz murmured to himself. He hated younger people for their lack of consideration. For years he's been trying to make the world a better place, in his eyes, yet everyone hates him for it. He just sighed at this thought and went back to reading the stocks section of the paper.

He could still hear the bloke trying to make a sweet moment with the young ladies, but he didn't really care one way or another. He was amused that he was trying to talk quietly so Shultz couldn't hear. Shultz said, "Oh vell."

Then he turned to the comics and grinned at Garfield eating his owner's sandwich.

"I vant to ve Garfield in zees case," He thought to himself.

Last edited by Albert_Wesker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Lyka looked up and smiled gently at Alex as the woman slid into the chair next to her. She liked the medic, and it was obvious Alex wasn't quite comfortable around Lyka. Or Blake, for that matter. Richard, though, she seemed to get along with well, which made her a good person in Lyka's book. Blake tried to start up a conversation, but Lyka was already distracted again, and Alex just didn't look like she felt like talking much.

Leaning her chair back until it teetered on two legs, Lyka tried to discretely angle herself to see more of the restaurant, and more importantly, the Baron's face behind his newspaper. She felt extremely uncomfortable when she couldn't see people's eyes. Especially when the person was already shifty enough as it was. She finally managed to get into a position where she could see both the Baron's face, and the majority of the restaurant. Her attention was drawn to a man with an exceptionally loud waitress, who seemed to be amused by something, and was talking loudly to the man, who was attempting to sink into the floor and disappear, based on the look on his face.

A small grin flitted across Lyka's face, and she watched the situation, amused. Eventually, the waitress pranced away from the poor man to serve other customers, much to the apparent relief of the victim. Lyka quickly averted her gaze as the man looked up, his eyes finding her group's table. Shrugging one shoulder, Lyka swept her thick, slightly wavy brown hair forward, using it as a shield to block her face from view of the odd man. She didn't know why he was interested in her and her group, but she imagined she'd find out eventually.

Her eyes slid habitually back towards the Baron. He was reading something now, an intent look on his face. Lyka's eyes narrowed, and she continued to surreptitiously watch the German sponsor. She hoped Richard would get back soon. She was starting to get that feeling that proceeding bad things happening.

Last edited by Stark on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Richard was attempting to inconspicuously get to his bag, but he'd managed to leave it slap-bang in the middle of everyone else. Lyka looked like she was trying to disprove gravity by balancing precariously on a chair, while Blake and Alex sat two seats apart at the bar itself. He had to swerve to avoid crashing into a waitress that was murmuring something in greek to her colleague, taking glances back to a kid sat in the corner who looked glad of her departure.
He thought he'd made it without being seen, but someone called out to him just as he was heading up the stairs. Typical, this translation was never going to get done.

Last edited by Insane-Rob on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Blake snapped his fingers in front of Lyka's face as soon as he noticed that she was zoning out and ignoring him. When that didn't work he just shrugged his shoulders and tried to follow her gaze which led her to the odd man in the corner. The guy seemed to be bothered by the atmosphere of the place and the friendly waitress that tried chatting with him. Which led Blake to wonder why he would even visit such a place. Since both of the girls seemed to be pre-occupied with staring into space and just not saying anything he decided to get out of his chair as Richard grabbed his bag and tried to escape "Ay! buddy wait upppp!" He yelled as he went after him He didn't bother trying to convince Richard out of doing whatever he wanted with the new clue he had found. So Blake just took the time to mention "Ey, I'm going out to do something fun, you try not to need me okay?" Really, Blake was just going to find someplace quiet to relax without having to worry about saying something to offend anyone or something of that nature. He waved to both girls, saying "you both try not to need me for a little bit okay?!" then looked back at Richard, who was trying to sneak into thier room and not be dragged out to do something he didn't want to do. "And you better not keep me up when I get back with that crazy rambling you do when you translate." He joked before wandering off to relax somewhere. He found a calmn space situated a few blocks down that seemed to be near a cafe. He sat down on a bench and took a nice deep breath as he turned his head and noticed how he could still make out Shultz hiding behind his newspaper. The guy was really good at seeming ominous and creepy, that was the only thing Blake would really give him credit for.

Blake took this moment to adjust the gun he kept holstered in a shoulder strap under his left arm. It had been pinching him for awhile now so he was glad to take the gun out and stretch a little bit, wondering why he jsut didn't get one of those belt holsters like every other normal person, He never really needed to use the gun at this point. Being security for hire usually meant occasionally fighting a drunk person at a party or just keeping news reporters at bay. He sighed and let himself slouch down in the bench he was sitting on and close his eyes. He decided to enjoy taking a nap instead of doing anything exciting today, after all, he knw he'd probably be kept up by Richard's incessant rambling as he translated overnight.

Challenge: Err...next person has to come wake blake up? Iunno xD (optional)

Last edited by RPholic on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:02 pm

[wtf Clark make up your mind.]

After gleaning as much information as he could, Bill followed a tourist family and headed back upstairs. The listening device had been securely fixed underneath the table, as the waitress had covered for him (twenty dollars got her to look the other way) and provided him with an excuse to place it (being obnoxious). The model wasn't particularly good, but Bill could make out most of the words when he went back to his room.

Last edited by Seihou on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Shultz sat there annoyed at the bloke. It was getting a little late so Shutlz decided it was time for some action. He sighed, remembering the cold air of Germany he was used to, and regretting it was so hot in Greece. Those days as a kid playing while planes flew over-head. OH the nostalgia he felt.

"Zat waz a lung time ago," he mumbled before standing up slowly and walking to Richard.

He put on his charm and zeal that he usually suppresses, let his eyes twinkle, and started off, "Reechard, if it vouldn't ve too much to ask, vill ve all set out in ze morning? I've gee-van you enough time to figure out a general location. Ve should jump in and zee if zere is a clue."
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Richard thought he'd finally made it, he'd taken one step up the staircase before a german voice called to him. He hadn't even noticed Shultz here earlier, for 70 that guy sure got around quietly. The Baron wanted to know if the team would be moving out soon, which Richard knew to mean 'We're moving out soon, like it or not'.
"I hope so sir, I'll do my best to get this translated today, if I get nothing then we'll go back to where we found this baby and look around a little more" He was so excited at the find yesterday that he'd rushed everyone to get back to the mainland. Translated or not, he wanted to get back out there to see if there were any more pieces to find. Shultz simply gave a nod towards him, to most it would have looked like agreement, but again, Richard knew it was a gesture of power.

At last he managed to escape the bar, he jogged up the stairs and unlocked the room door. He collapsed onto his bed, well it wasn't really much of a bed, he'd let Blake take the bed and was left with a mattress and a blanket next to the desk under the window. He'd gotten almost no sleep last night, he'd been too busy reading through the tonne of books he'd brought trying to find a way to figure out the language. What the Baron didn't know wouldn't hurt him, sleep couldn't be put off much longer so that was what he intended to do. Everyones scuba gear was taking up a large section of the floor, he'd have to check later who wanted to dive with him on the next run.

The room was small and dusty, there obviously wasn't much spent on upkeep in this place, then again it wasn't exactly in high demand so it was understandable. Never the less, it was home for now, and with the pile of papers and books strewn all over the place it looked near enough exactly like home already. Maybe 'home' wasn't the right word anymore, he hadn't actually been home for nearly a year, his mother still kept in touch, but he'd just moved from rented room to rented room ever since Shultz had given him funding. Not that he was complaining, he liked life on the move, not to mention that the job required it. After throwing his bag into the corner, behind the scuba gear, he closed his eyes and dreamt of Atlantis.

Challenge: Use every characters name atleast once
Back to top Go down
Brenzie

Brenzie

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 pm

FFFF. I'm sorry ;u;

Alex didn't notice the gestures Blake and Lyka sent her and just mindlessly snugged into the tall seat and quietly asked the bartender for a alcoholic beverage, her favorite; red wine. The bartender placed a rather large wine glass on the counter and began to slowly pour the beverage till it was half way and she gave the young bartender a warm gesture as he set the bottle down and went off to attend someone else. She gently lifted the glass to her pale lips and began to drink the wine in a formal matter till it was almost gone. She then set it down and peered out the window to gaze at the now darkened sky, the white puffy clouds now orange little puffs and the clear blue sky now just a purple haze. Once again, day dreaming about the cool evenings with her grandparents, not even noticing her peer attempting to defy gravity.
Alex then glanced to her side for a moment to face her peer, almost startled at how Lyka was positioning her chair, then she finally thought it'd be best to spark up some kind of conversation.

She tried to force the words off her tongue and onto her lips and still having no clue what to say till she glanced at their sponsor, "Our sponsor..." Then turning her head back to Lyka, "He reminds me of the men my grandfather told me about in his war stories." She mumbled quietly to Lyka and began to stir around her drink.

Sorry for taking forever :c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The search of an obsessed man   The search of an obsessed man Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The search of an obsessed man
Page 1 of 1