The Gullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gullies

All rping and big fancy schmancy buisness talks will officially be taken here from now on.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horror ~ Smiling Man

Go down 
+2
Nullen Void
Albert_Wesker
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

Horror ~ Smiling Man Empty
PostSubject: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:04 am

Rules of this RP:

1. Everyone can die from the slightest pin prick. (not literal, you know what I'm saying.)
2. This is a universe that has gravity, no mutant things that can fly or run at the speed of sound.
3. Everyone is human.
4. Just play along with it as it goes on, the storyline isn't set until I set it.
5. No loveydoveysexual things that don't add to the story.
6. No god modding.
7. This is horror, people will die, there will most likely not be a happy ending.
8. Don't bring in technology if it doesn't exist.
9. More will come.
10. Only the people who own guns IRL and can send a pic to the manager of the RP(me) with a timestamp in it and the action cleared and open can use that gun. Everyone else is stuck with whatever they have around them. This isn't post apocalyptic land so no one is going to be running around killing people. This is normal everyday life...at first.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The date was December twentieth, two-thousand and nine. Outside of an old abandoned gas station on the far edge of Indianapolis(so far away in fact the Chase tower is nearly out of sight from the front) sat a big, black, 1986 Trans Am with a flaming bird decal on the hood. Sitting on top of the hood was a tall, slender fellow with golden hair...his name was Joseph. As he picked under his nails with an old carpentering nail he wondered why it was so quiet. Usually no matter what time in Indianapolis* there were sounds of children playing, drunks out and about, cars revving their engines, or any other amount of sounds that people do to pester Joseph. It was ten o'clock at night on a Sunday during a week where no one would have school and some people would be off work for the holidays. There should have been sound, some type of sound; instead there was silence save for the buzz of the streetlights. Though he hated the sounds, the absence was concerning. Behind his sunglasses, and under his trench-coat and fur hat, Joseph felt himself start to shiver, but he couldn't tell if this was out of fear, or the fact it was cold and finally snowing. From behind his sunglasses his eyes darted about, looking in shadows across the street.

Suddenly he heard a crash and turned around in time to see a cat walking away from a fallen trashcan. After staring for a few moments Joseph finally decided to head off before the tenants at his apartment locked the door. He slid across the hood, making sure not to destroy his bird, and opened the driver side door. The second he pulled up on that handle and the latch opened with a loud "click" he heard someone laughing behind him. He turned, and nothing was there.

He felt his heart racing as he put the key in the ignition and started on his way back to the apartment. He muttered, "What the fuck is wrong with this city," just before turning the first corner on his way back.

(*Just to provide some background information on the setting of this, it is a city, but a city greatly contrasting rich and poor, and there is much more poor than rich in it. The "Circle" is a monument roundabout in the center of the city and there is a mall nearby right next to the Conrad hotel. Down the ways and around the corner is the Chase bank tower. Of the people who live there is about an equal number of blacks to whites with most of the blacks living on the edge of the city, Mexicans are here and there. Most people in the city drive import cars riced up to hell, old Cadillacs, and pickup trucks. Out of these people, the people in their rice mobiles only have a tire iron or knife in their car, the people who drive Caddys have handguns like glocks, and those with pickups...you name it, they have it. Now why choose Indianapolis as the setting for a horror RP? Well let me tell you, go into the darkest room in your house, no flashlight, now turn on a flashlight and imagine that room is the size of a warehouse and there are boxes stacked to the ceiling. On the west side there are hundreds of buildings abandoned, many in sections without streetlights, and all bunched together. Buildings are boarded up everywhere, urban decay consumes the city. This is Indianapolis, now enter...the horror.)
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Around that same time, a man named Tyler was at a local bar in the smoking section, though he himself is a nonsmoker, shooting whiskey. He didn't get hit as hard with the alcohol as the guy next to him, who fell out of his stool with a thud. Tyler laughed before offering the drunk some help. As he did help the drunk he noticed a firearm on his person, and a badge on his belt, slightly obscured by his jogging jacket. Tyler was only 18 and in a bar, so he helped the man and then headed out of the bar forgetting to pay for his drinks.
He began heading down the street, alcohol on his breath, and vision ever so slightly obscured. He soon found he was going the wrong way, so he turned around and saw a man glaring at him. He rubbed his eyes and the man seemed to vanish without any traces.
He began thinking out loud, "Fucking creepers in Indianapolis man... Bad idea to drink at night..." He coninued walking, "Should have thought it through better..." Not having much of a place to go after being kicked out of his parent's home, he walked over to his blue El Camino and climbed inside where his knife lay in the floor, and locked the doors and decided to sleep the drunken haze off, with sleep came dreams of his death and torture, jamming guns preventing him from defending himself.
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm

(FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF CAN'T THINK OF A NAME I'MA WING IT.)

"HOLY SHIT WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

A loud crash from outside had made the young hikikomori leap from his chair. Hastily he logged off of his new favorite MMO and peered out the window. "Oh just a car. A goddamn car." The other well-to-do kids were always racing the stupid things and he allowed himself a smug smile. "God, what a bunch of dumbasses acting like they're tough shit. Nicholas Morrigan, you are one lucky son-of-a-bitch to have not wound up like one of THEM." The heat suddenly died again for the fifth time that morning. "For Chrissake..."

This meant he'd have to go down into the dark, foul, cold and badly-refurbished basement. After finding the pliers and wrench he'd need to adjust the radiator, he consulted the manual, finally throwing it down in disgust when he realized he couldn't fix it; he was notoriously bad with any technology that didn't explicitly involve a computer screen. "Fuck it," he said angrily, and smacked the radiator with his hand and cursing even louder when he burned the back of his left hand on the scorching side. He dashed back up the stairs and applied aloe to the injured skin, bandaging his fingers to help them heal faster. Just what he needed when he was about to play a few games.

Now in a bad mood he sourly read Don Quixote in the living room where a window looked out on the wreck. Unbeknownst to him and to everyone else in the city, something bad was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Tyler then jerked awake and grabbed his knife and looked around and saw the wreck, now much more sobered up, and he approached the wreckage keeping his knife in his pocket. He saw the two cars but couldn't identify them as he wasn't much of a car geek. He checked both cars for someone to see if they were alright. One man was bleeding in his car from his forehead while the other car was empty. Tyler then pulled the man from his car and dragged him to the pavement, feeling sick as he stared at the man's mangled leg. "Augh, i'm gonna puke!" He exclaimed to the man who appeared unconscious. He set him on the pavement and began checking for a pulse as he remembered from highschool, not finding one, a malacious idea came to mind. He was low on money and the dead man seemed to have plenty based on how new his car looked, despite the wreckage. He checked the man's pockets and pulled out most of his money, stuffing some back in as to not look suspicious and then crammed the wallet back into the man's pocket. He felt guilty for robbing a dead man, but being somewhat homeless at the moment he didn't have much of a choice, starve and have no gas money either or steal to live.

Little did Tyler know is that his night was going to suck beyond anything that has ever sucked before to him.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:15 pm

After turning that first corner Joseph saw a crash, a man on the ground, and a man helping him. He pulled over to the side of the road under a light pole, and got out of his car.

He heard a "plop".

Turning around and looking at his car he saw a spot of red on his hood bird. He stuck his finger in the sticky stuff when another drop fell on the back of his hand. Joseph looked up and to his horror he saw a mangled body of a man, or woman, with nearly all its flesh and skin removed.

He screamed, "HOLY SHIT," before getting back in and backing his car up to make sure blood didn't get on it.
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Lord Wadelsworth British Roundhead
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:41 pm

"Damn traffic"

It was the middle of the night, there shouldn't be a hold up.

Rob was taking the bus home, he'd had to work the late shift at the DIY store again. After taking off after almost 2 hours of there being no customers he'd just managed to reach the corner before the bus drove off without him. He'd has his headphones in since sitting down at the front of the empty vehicle, so hadn't heard the crash that had happened about a block infront of him. He looked up and saw the driver getting out, something must be wrong.

Following the elderly man onto the street he could see the accident, looked to him like two cars had hit and there was now a small holdup behind them. He beckoned over to the driver and shouted that he'd walk from here. He hooked a left, almost being hit by some asshole backing his car up.

There was still a good 2 miles to walk. What a waste of a 2 dollar ticket.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:46 pm

He heard the man scream and turned around to see him getting into his car and backing it out from under the street light. He then saw the puddle of red on the ground under where the car one stayed and looked up to see the mangled body. "Now I am gonna puke..." He made his way away from the wreck tasting salt in his mouth before finally falling onto his hands and knees vomiting next to his car. Those whiskey shots were horrible coming back up. He saw the bile on the ground and spat out the remains in his mouth, and he headed back into the bar for a coke and to call the police. He looked at the street and saw a few people crowding now, so someone must have called the cops, he also saw someone almost get hit by the man backing up. "Someone must have called the cops, I don't care I just want my coke so I can go." Tyler said to himself, and so he headed into the bar for his coke.

His stomach was killing him now.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
I can quit RP anytime I want. I just dont want to
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Police sirens were heard almost 5 minutes after the first call was issued. The nearest patrol car was arriving on the scene and the officers were urging the people there to stay put so that they could get witness statements as more police arrived. One officer specifically stopped a man who had been seen with the victim of the crash, which is what the initial police call was about, the man had been walking away and seemed to be heading into a bar but a police officer stopped him and urged him to go abck so that they could get an official statement from him. As the other police cars arrived they formed a perimeter of 5 meters in every direction around the accident. The driver that had come upon the accident and also first saw the mangled bodies was stopped from leaving the premises as was the crowd and the people nearby

due to the excessively violent nature of the murder. The police called federal investigator Jay Mason to the scene to help discover what had happened.

Jay's car closed in on the crime scene. The crowd of people behind the police tape worried him. He parked on the street perpendicular to the one where the accident and mangled bodies were. As he approached the scene he took out his badge and started yelling towards the crowd "FEDERAL MARSHAL COMING THROUGH GET OUTTA MY WAY!" and most of the people fortunately did but he still had to shove a few innocent bystandards. Especially one kid that had his headphones on and wasn't paying attention. As he crossed the police tape an officer came over to him, to inform him of what they had already discovered.

"The victim of the car accident is dead. Seems the impact crushed one of his ribs in a way that the bones punctured his lungs. He was already dead before one witness we have found him and tried to help him by pulling him out of the car. The car accident doesn't seem to be relevant to the mangled body in anyway though. There aren't any indications that the bodies were hit with a car or that they were stored in a car for a period of time. That is all we know so far. The witness who first spotted the mangled bodies is over there" the officer said, pointing towards a man still in his car. And a police officer most likely trying to coax him out of it.

Jay waved the officer off "okay thanks, i'll do what I can" the officer went his own way and Jay walked towards the man in his car. He leaned on the door and asked the officer to walk away. The officer did as asked and Jay got closer to the man. He asked very formally "Sir, I am going to have to ask you to get out of the car and answer a few questions for me okay?" Jay was perfectly ready to pull the tough guy act if he had to.
Back to top Go down
https://gullible.forumotion.com
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Joseph decided to step out of the car calmly and talk to the marshall. He handed over his firearm that was in the car and stared straight into the marshall's eyes.

"I'm Joe, what do you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Constant screams and gasps of awe finally made Nick throw Don Quixote down in disgust. After clothing himself to brave the elements, Nick decided to open the door for the first time in days.

"WILL YOU KEEP THAT SHIT DOWN I'M TRYING TO-Oh my God what."

Nick was dumbfounded at the scene of carnage spread out. They weren't racing except perhaps for their lives. Someone in a car nearby was backing up too quickly for him to catch up and the police and gossiping vultures of society had begun to crowd the bodies. Whatever. It was just time to step up personal security again. Nick closed the door and picked up the incredibly-realistic water pistol wedged in the doorway. He also rummaged around in the closet for his fail-safe: his fencing sabre. He probably wouldn't need it but a security blanket was a security blanket. To deter police and reporters Nick turned off all of the lights and locked the doors; he didn't want to be bothered with this crap, especially after that man in the car had been successfully detained.

"That trenchcoat's one hella-ugly piece of crap," he muttered to himself as he closed all of the blinds.

Last edited by Tossfans on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:18 pm

He slipped into the tavern just before the cops arrived, and ordered his coke. He was then grabbed on the shoulder by a cop who seemed somewhat nice, but his tone said otherwise as he spoke. "Kid, ain't you a little young to be in a bar?" Tyler didn't like how the officer called him a kid, he was tempted to respond with sarcasm. "I just want a coke I pulled a dead man out of a car and puked after seeing a dead body strung out on a poll. I didn't want to push past all those people just for a drink..." He didn't sound too brave as he spoke. He then was handed his coke by the bar tender and he gave him the money, the cop swatted the coke from his hands though, making Tyler angrier. "I don't care kid you get the fuck out there and talk to the marshall before I arrest you for underage drinking and YOU," He pointed to the bar tender, "For serving a minor!"

Tyler growled and walked out of the bar angry and looked around. "So where the FUCKING HELL is the Marshall?! Do I need to bribe you to see him like all the other fuckers in Indianpolis or what?!" Tyler was now irate wih the cop, who laughed at his anger, pointing to the car where the Marshall was talking to the guy who backed up his car almost hitting a bystander with headphones on who seemed in a rush.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

Location : Waiting for a train that I don't know where it'll take me. Though it doesnt matter

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Jay examined the man, who didn't seem to be the type of person to carry a firearm in the first place, and was a tad sucpicious. He waved a cop over and handed Joe's gun to him to be taken away for evidence. Then folded his arms and looked back at Joe "okay where shall we start.....well we will get to your firearm later. For now I simply want you to tell me what happened and what you saw. Don't leave any seemingly unimportant details out because even the smallest bit of evidence could help us. Understand? also, wh-" He peeked over his shoulder and saw a cop arguing with a kid who was buying a coke. He yelled at the cop, whose name he had fortunately remembered from awhile back. "HEY STEVENSON STOP ARGUING WITH KIDS AND GET YOUR ASS BACK IN GEAR!". He could see the cop muttering and giving him the finger as he led the kid with the coke and angry expression back towards Jay.

"Marshal this kid was seen helping the deceased from the car accident out of the car." He announced to Jay somewhat bitterly. Who raised an eyebrow at him and let his gaze slowly go over to the kid "Well then I suppose you can just come wait by Joe over here" he said, motioning towards Stevenson to lead the kid next to Joe which he did. He then turned his attention back towards Joe.

"Okay so please feel free to start explaining.....please tell me all you know...both of you."
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Joe took a long sigh and then explained, "Well I was sitting at the gas station next street over when I realized the tenants at my apartment were probably going to lock me out, before I got in my car I heard someone laugh but I didn't see anyone. I got in, came around the corner, saw the accident, pulled under the streetlamp, heard something hit my car, touched it, and had another drop of the blood hit my hand before I pulled my car back. I don't want any blood to fuck up my paint job."

"So when can I have my gun and my car back?"
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:49 pm

He did as instructed, sliding on some black ice as he did, and then stood next to the man in the trench coat. After the man got done explaining his side to the Marshall Tyler explained his side.

"Okay, so I was sleeping in my car there," He pointed to the El Camino, "And then I heard a loud crashing sound, which woke me up, I went to check it out and saw no one in one car, and the dead guy in the other. I pulled the guy out thinking I could help and saw his mangled up leg. After seeing this I heard this guy i'm assuming," He pointed to the man in the trench coat, "Scream 'Holy Shit!' and he got back into his car to get it out from underneth the light, where I saw the mangled corpse. There was a lot of blood on the street so I assume the body's been there for a while. Then I got sick, threw up, went to go get a coke and call you guys when officer Cock Sucker over there stops me from buying a coke by smacking it out of my hand!" He spoke of his incident with the rude officer with venom in his voice. "And here I am, now, can I get something to drink, vomit don't taste good officer."
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:49 pm

"Weird" Rob thought to himself "There wouldn't be this many cops if it were just a simple car crash"

He was torn, on one hand he really did want to know what was going on, but at the same time he knew it would just mean getting involved and probably having to give a statement. On top of that he really did need to get home, well, he didn't need to, but he'd been looking forward to reuniting with his bed since 6am.

If they needed help, that guy who'd brushed past him on the way to the scene would have asked him to stay nearby. Besides, he hadn't even seen anything.

"Screw it" He thought "If it makes it onto the news I'll go down to the station, if not it can't be important"

He slipped into a nearby alleyway, cranked up the music, and began the 50 minute walk back to his apartment.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Jay listened to both thier stories with interest but just sighed as it turned out none of their info seemed too helpful. hmn....oh well he thought as he shook his head and said "hmnn....okay thanks for your cooperation" he then looked at Joe when he asked to have his gun and car back "sorry but you are most likely going to have to wait till the investigation is over to get your things back. Or at least until we have ruled you out as a definite subject. And as for you kid..."he stated as he held out a hand toward the kid "I am going to have to ask for your knife. You an go get yourself a drink afterwards." The coroners had already come and gone with the bodies so he would have to go by the statin to see a report of any kind. Maybe he would walk in and talk to one of them about it. He put his free hand in his pocket and pulled out two cards and held them towards the two.The cards held his name and contact information where he could be reached at anytime.

"The name is Jay Mason, federal marshal, Please contact me if you find out or remember anything." he said with somehwhat of a sigh. he was disapointed at what little evidence and info had been collected. Seemed no one had really seen anything important. And the police and forensics teams on scene didn't seem to have much except for the blood and bodies. This was going to be a looooong night.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Relunctantly, he handed over his final means of self defense to the Marshall and sighed heavily, his stomach didn't feel right. "I need it back afterwards, Indianapolis is never safe enough ya know..." He nudged the man next to him. "Need a ride back before the tenant locks ya out?" He asked politely, but still was going to get his coke first regardless.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Joe yawned and nodded, "A ride'd be nice"

He yawned again, reached back into his car and grabbed his hat, then walked over to the El Camino with the kid in tow.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:50 pm

He went back inside the tavern and ordered another coke, which the kindly bar tender gave him free of charge. "Thank you!" He exclaimed and he drank several mouth fulls and handed the bar tender the rest. "Thanks for treating this vagabond kindly..." The bar tender laughed, "Don't come back till you're 21, and if you do come back don't get caught okay?" Tyler laughed and worked his way back to his El Camino, keys in hand, and got into the driver seat and started it up, revving the car up to warm it up. He then began to pull out avoiding onlookers who were near by. "Just tell me where to go, sir." Tyler said nerveously, not used to driving just yet but mostly nerveous due to the fact he was driving with someone he didn't even know.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm

"You know where those old two tower apartments are on the other side of town?" Joe said as he hopped in the truck bed, "if not just go through the circle and come out the other side of Washington, you'll see em."

He then layed back and fell into a deep sleep.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:06 pm

"Okay then..." He followed the second instructions he was told, and circled around until he got to the otherside of Washington and parked outside of the old Two Towers appartments."Hey er..." He wanted to ask if he could come in, not wanting to leave his car run all night drawing attention now he had no weapon to defend himself from a gang or anything like that, and he knew next to nothing about Indianapolis having only been there a few times his whole life.
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Now that the police were gone Nick finally opened the blinds and turned the lights back on. So many switches to flick and buttons to push. He'd passed the time in the basement by practicing his fencing skills; he was still rusty but had already gotten back some of his old form. He flexed his strong arms proudly and turned the lights pointing at his old training dummy off. Afterward he began to resharpen the blade in preparation for...

what, exactly? It was probably just his paranoia. After all, people didn't suddenly have their flesh stripped from their bodies and get into car accidents. So paranoia for good reason. Nick locked the door and crept upstairs to his room, deciding to turn in for the night. He flopped down on the bed still in his sleeveless training shirt and running pants, not bothering to turn off the dim lamp that was the room's sole source of illumination. If anyone knew what was good for them, they'd let the beast lie until morning.

(AM I DOIN IT RITE GUISE?!)
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Jay sighed as he got into his car and left the crime scene. He was glad all those random passers by with morbid fascinations for bodies had already gotten disintrested and left. And all the witnesses have had thier statements taken down and also now were gone. The officers had taken down the police tape,bagged the evidence,taken the bodies to be examined and had now left. He wondered if a lead would pop up after a proper examination of the bodies. He sighed again and pulled out a lollipop from his car's cabinet. He didn't look at it as he unwrapped it and popped it into his mouth. The sweet tatse of grape flooded his taste buds as he acknowledged it with a "mnnnn..." sound. Man if only more suprises were as good as this lollipop..... There had not been any shred or fingerprint that wasn't made by people who were there and already interviewed for thier reasons. Plus, the car rash was irrelevant and coulda easily contaminated evidence that could have been useful beforehand.

He shrugged it off as he arrived at the station and got out of his car, swirling the lolliop in his mouth and he walked into the station.
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 pm

It was now almost 11:30, legs aching and battery running low Rob was relieved to have the towering apartment in his sight. He lived in he northern building of the two, having to always walk past the taller, much higher standard South tower every day.

He must have kicked this stupid can half a mile, but atleast the rattling was drowned out with some bass. There was a trashcan just up ahead, he may aswell get rid of the damn thing now. When leaning down to pick it up the headphone in his right ear fell out, swinging back and forth in the otherwise silent darkness. He was just about to put it back in when a movement in the trailer bed of the truck to the right caught his attention. There was someone laying down in it.

"You ok buddy?" He asked, leaning over to the curled up man before him.

He was once again surprised when a second voice, this time from a man in the drivers seat replied to him.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:02 pm

He didn't notice the man in the truck bed of his el camino was sleeping until another man said something, the same man with headphones from earlier when he was almost hit by the sleeping man's car, backing up. Tyler turned off the engine and sighed, stepping out of the car. "Hey!" He shook the sleeping man awake and then being kind of shy, asked him. "I er... I don't feel safe at all sleeping outside, mind if I sleep in your appartment or somethin'? I trust you enough not to drug me and sell my organs unlike some of the psychos in this god forsaken city." He waited for a response, regretting asking a stranger for a bed pestering him more.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Joe groggily rolled over and brushed the snow off of himself, "Yawn, you think that everyone here is like that? Oh well, sure you can sleep in the bath tub." He stood up, looked at the new stranger and said, "Hello there, sorry about earlier."

He then got up and shuffled toward the building without saying a word otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:07 pm

((O__O kay so what the fuck is this RP about...))
Back to top Go down
http://fawkyeahbirkin.deviantart.com
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:08 pm

((You'll see...You'll see... Twisted Evil ))
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:09 pm

((I guess I'll jump in then? It okay if I do that?))
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 pm

((I wanna post random stuff too))
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 pm

(( Yeah jump in at any time))
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Rob was already stood in the elevator going up to floor 21 before he realised what the man had been apologising for.

"Wonder why he wasnt in his own car..." He thought to himself. Oh well, no time to dwell.

He had shit to do.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Now Joe and the Kid were going up the elevator in the other tower when the lights in the whole complex, both buildings, went out.

Joe and the Kid were stranded 4 floors up, four floors from his apartment, and relative safety.

Out in the dark there were sounds of screaming.

"What the fuck was that?"
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:22 pm

He didn't want to think about it. He sighed and sat down in a corner, wishing he had a beer right now to help him sleep, he hadn't been in a place this warm and comfortible since the smoking section of the tavern he was just at. But he couldn't deny the screaming, but did dismiss it as the usual thing he knew about Indianapolis. "You know someone's getting stabbed or something, right? And we can't do shit about it so I wouldn't worry... If we can do something let's do it." He smirked at the man. "My name's Tyler by the way, Tyler A. Metzger, vagabond." He added the last part with a smirk, hiding the fact he was a vagabond for about a month now.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Joe looked at Tyler like he was nuts. "Tyler Metzger? I know your father, he told me about you last month when he finally kicked your ass out of the house. Now give me a hand to pry open this door."

They had the door open an inch and Joe looked out onto the fourth floor, seeing two things.

One was a girl unconscious(Enter Ms. Stark) and the other...

In the corner he saw materialized in a thick black mass...

He saw in the shadows, the bloody grin...

Horror ~ Smiling Man Smiling

And like that it disappeared, they pried the doors open and went over to see if the girl was alright.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 pm

He looked stunned at what he had just saw. He then shook his head and looked at Joe. "So... Didn't see that if you didn't..." He was trying to be funny but his voice was shaking out of fear as he spoke. He then walked over to the woman and checked her vitals. He could feel a pulse and noticed some cuts and blood on her. None looked too fatal to him. "This won't look good if the cops show, us both being at two separate murder scenes and all that cool shit..." He spat with venom. He stood up and looked at the man. "What do we do now?" He asked, trying to hide his fear and disdain.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:41 pm

He passed by the receptionist without paying attention. When he heard her asking for some sort of identification he simply flashed her his badge and saw her roll her eyes at him from the corner of his eyes. He shrugged at that, he was busy and wanted to get to the morgue quickly to check on the dead body. He passed by alot of office police men, lame paper pushers, and said hi to some as they waved when he came towards them. He found the stairs quickly and went into the basement where the creepy hall way that ended at the morgue was. It all scremed cliche horror flick,considering how the lights were terrible,the place stunk of death, and almost no one was there. He sighed and walked fatser, kinda spooked by the place already, he qquickly opened the double doors into the morgue and saw someone had already began working on the body.

"okay so what do we got?" he asked, feeling pressed for time.
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Liz, who was currently sprawled across her couch in her brand new apartment, glanced at the clock for what felt like the millionth time. 2 hours. Sitting up, she impatiently shook her red hair out of her face, and stood, heading for the door. May as well explore the apartment buildling, seeing as she might be here for a while. Good forensics experts were hard to find nowadays, and this city definitely needed a few. Then again, Liz wasn't a world-famous forensics expert, but she was definitely the youngest, clocking in at 20 years of age. She'd been snatched up by the FBI about a year ago, straight out of university, and had proceeded to help with various small-time cases around Washington D.C. until about 2 days ago, when she'd received a letter informing her that she was being relocated to this godforsaken city.

The FBI had provided her with a fairly nice apartment on the fourth floor in the middle of the city, but she had been so busy trying to acclimate to the sudden move that she hadn't gotten out much. She was supposed to be meeting some federal agent today, Jay Something-or-Another, but she wasn't supposed to be at the station for another 2 hours. Sighing heavily, Liz stuffed her apartment keys and her cell phone into her jean pockets, and headed out into the hallway.

She had just finished locking the door when the lights flickered, then went out completely. "What the fuck?" Liz muttered, looking around blindly, trying to make her eyes adjust faster. Confused, Liz started heading towards the elevator, knowing the stairs were right next to the elevator doors. She trailed her fingers along the wall, keeping one hand outstretched in front of her in case she was about to collide with something.

She had just about reached the elevator when something laughed quietly, directly behind her. She froze, blood running cold, as something collided with the back of her head, knocking her out and sending her sprawling across the hallway floor.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

A very nervous looking man spun around. He looked as though he was about to faint or something. His tag said he was a forensics ASSISTANT. He gave a nervous laugh at the federal marshal, who had suprised him, and said "er...sorry sir but our new forensics expert isn't here yet....I was just setting up the body for when she did arrive."

Jay rolled his eyes "just like a girl to be late....Wait wasn't I having a scheduled meeting with her?.....ah well this is going to be fun then. I get to grill her on her first day of the job. Say you wouldn't happen to know her phone number woulda ya?" The assistant shook his head side to side. And then quietly went back to arranging the tools and stuff that were necessary to examine a body. As soon as he was done he left rather quikcly. Probably still not used to the dead bodies, especially ones with no flesh at all. He got up and looked at the body. Luckily, his job had made him now immune to his gag reflexes so when he felt one coming up it didn't really bother him. He just took a breath and went back to sitting down. He took his hat and let it slid down on top of his eyes "Well can't progress in the case until she gets here to do stuff.....so guess I have to wait." He stated to himself. Still ennjoying a grap lollipop as he dosed off.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Joe flipped the card in his pocket out and pulled out his cellphone to dial the number. "Hope to God someone's there," he muttered as he looked down at the girl's face and wondered if she would be okay; I mean she was rather pretty. He hit the call button and heard his heart pound while he listened to the dial tone and thought he could hear a laugh from somewhere in the building.
Back to top Go down
Insane-Rob
Insane-Rob

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm

The elevator arrived at his floor. Typically, his apartment was in the opposite corner to where he now stood, it looked out upon the other tower, such a lovely view.

Walking around the corridor he wrapped up the wires of his headphones, replacing the keys in his pocket with them. After the past hour or so of music the quiet click of the door of his apartment unlocking seemed inaudible.

Rob's apartment was a dump. Mess everywhere, wires covering the floor, food packaging on every available surface, yeah, fantastic living. He carelessly threw his coat onto an overturned chair, narrowly avoiding knocking over a lamp (which hadn't worked in months). Navigating his way past piles of all kinds of crap, he sat down on a mattress that rested on a broken table with no legs.

It seemed darker than usual, which was saying alot seeing as there were hardly ever lights on, but he realised that none of the light he usually received from the opposite tower was shining. It had been a long day, and sleep took priority over everything else.

Browsing through the drawer to his left, he took one of the anti-depressants and swallowed without any water. The side effects of drowsyness seemed laughable by now, he leant back, set his alarm for another early start, and drifted to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Nullen Void

Nullen Void

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 pm

He dug into his pocket and illuminated the hall with a match from a book of matches he swiped from the bar. "Let's go find your appartment and try to patch her up, it's a bit dangerous lugging her around and with this limited light..." He stated trying hard to ignore the laughing in the building.
Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:26 am

(Whores. Am I the only one with an actual OC and not an Author Avatar? Laughing)
(AND WESKER YOU WHORE THAT PICTURE IS NIGHTMARE FUEL. pale)

Nick tossed around in his bed unable to sleep. As always. Since he'd treated the burns quickly the swelling was prevented and it no longer hurt as it had when he'd practiced. Then he realized he was pretty hungry since he'd turned all of the lights off earlier so the police wouldn't bother him. He threw some frozen junk into the microwave and set the timer. The bar down the road was still pretty rowdy but since he'd been living here for nearly three months without a problem, it was probably nothing. Shapes were shuffling around in the streets but it was probably the drunks, so Nick simply made sure the doors were still locked and shut the blinds once more. He quickly ate the frozen whatever-it-was and decided to take a shower; he'd forgotten to when practicing earlier. Once he'd finished scrubbing his dark hair he got out, dressed (somewhat) and got back into bed.

That didn't mean he wasn't still paranoid, though. There were a lot more of those drunks than usual out.
Back to top Go down
RPholic
RPholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:15 am

OOC: whatchutalkinbouttos? we all are somewhat OC's and not author avatars >_>....or else rob would be scott pilgrim and wesker would be the one from resi evil and super would be a blank space.

IC:

hey....yo phone ringin......AY YO PHONE RINGIN!......AY YO PHONE RINGING AGHHHAPSKS!-"

Jay finally snapped out of his nap and answered the phone. A little annoyed that he had been disturbed "hello?"
He hadn't recognized the phone number but he did remember that he had given those two people who he interrogated a couple of cards. He wondered if they had maybe remembered something important to the case. Or that maybe the one guy with the car was calling to complain and try and get his car back.
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 am

((I was just following everyone else's lead, Tos, hahah. I just adjusted for age, I suppose. I can change her pretty easily though, if need be...))

Liz groaned quietly, rolling onto one side and curling up into a ball, hands reaching up to find the sore spot at the base of her skull. 'Lucky lucky lucky lucky', she thought, 'That could have easily been a fatal blow.'

Opening her eyes slightly, Liz recoiled in surprise as a face, haloed by light blonde hair, came into focus. Sitting up rapidly, Liz backpeddled away from the face until her sore back collided with the wall. Cursing under her breath, Liz blinked rapidly, trying to clear her vision. Slowly, shapes started to appear in the darkness. The face she had seen belonged to a tall, skinny blonde man, and another man was holding up a lighter. The blonde man was holding a cell phone up to his ear.

"Uhhh...hello? Who are you?" Liz asked, absentmindedly checking herself over for injuries. Her hands were scraped from her date with the carpeted floor, and she had a few minor cuts on her face and neck, and obviously she had a headache like no other, but besides that, she was completely fine.

Back to top Go down
KawaiiDesuChan
Frumpy Bitch
Frumpy Bitch
KawaiiDesuChan

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:14 pm

(Whores all of you. trollchelle.jpg)

It was a good thing Nick didn't have school the next day, or ever; he still couldn't sleep no matter how he tried. His last remaining friend living in an apartment near the Tower was on Steam, so he sent a quick PM.

Quick game? he typed into the message box and pressed Enter. The reply came after about five minutes.

I can't now but can you come over here? My PC's busted again.

Nick sighed, exasperated. Keith was always 'breaking' his PC and probably just muted the sound by mistake. What a dipshit.

Yeah I'll be right over.

Geez. Nick slid the sabre into the backseat of his car, once more out of paranoia. It was like three in the morning and here he was out on the roads with the drunks. He slid neatly between the dullards and navigated his way toward the apartment buildings. Nick pressed the funny intercom device and announced his arrival. A loud buzzing sounded and he trudged up the steps to the fifth floor, slightly flustered. The door was locked and Keith wasn't answering the door, so Nick leaned against the opposite wall from the door in a way he considered outstandingly cool.

Last edited by Tossfans on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Right as the girl woke up someone had answered the phone. He held out a finger to the girl asking for a moment to talk so he could explain to both of them what had transpired in the time he left the crime scene. He spoke calmly into the phone, "Hello? Marshall? Oh good, you aren't going to believe this...remember how I told you about the laughing I heard before the accident? Well when the kid and I got back to my apartment the power went out, after busting out of the elevator we found a girl unconscious in the hallway. In addition to all this, we saw something, we don't know what it was, but it was laughing...and it's still here somewhere not only that it looked like it at-"

Joseph paused. Tyler had lifted the match enough to see down the hall a little bit, and Joe happened to see a trail of blood. His blood chilled and his jaw tightened. He whispered into the phone, "Marshall you better get over here, I think there has been another murder, we're on the fourth floor with a girl we found I'll ask her some questions, you better hurry."

He hung up the phone and slipped it back into his coat pocket before turning to the girl and motioning her to come next to him to look down the hall. He said, "Before we start going around with a murderer on the loose I'd like to know who you are and what you were doing before you were unconscious. I don't want to die because someone I'm hanging with is in cahoots with the criminal."
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:57 pm

"Before we start going around with a murderer on the loose I'd like to know who you are and what you were doing before you were unconscious. I don't want to die because someone I'm hanging with is in cahoots with the criminal."

Liz scowled at the taller blonde man, reaching up to touch her lip, which was obviously split, and bleeding sluggishly. She shivered suddenly, as if from the cold, and absentmindedly zipped up her blue hoodie. Looking up at the blonde man again, she replied in a "Before you go running around accusing people of being murderers, you may want to think about your own actions. I mean, I got knocked out from behind in a hallway, and didn't see who hit me. Then, magically, you two are here when I wake up, with no one else around. How'm I supposed to know that YOU two aren't the criminals here?"

Liz shook her bangs out of her brown eyes before adding, "I'm Liz Stark, by the way. Maybe you should tell me your names before I tell you two anything else."
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker
God-Like
God-Like
Albert_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Joe sighed, rubbed his eyes, and ran his hand through his hair before replying in a soft, kind voice, "I'm sorry Ms. Stark. My name is Joseph Ferrite. You may call me whatever you want, I don't mind. Oh yeah, this kid here who keeps on letting the matches burn down to his skin is Tyler Metzger." Joe looked down the hallway at the thickening blood and back to Liz's bloody lip. He looked at her with concern in his eyes, wondering why people like these three there were always getting mixed up in things. Putting on a sarcastic tone he said, "Oh and Miss, if we were criminals I'm SUURRRRRRE that we wouldn't finish the job right now."

He then pointed to the blood and tried to make a joke.

"I think you were the lucky one Miss. You heard our story, what's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Stark

Stark

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Liz stared at Joseph first, then her eyes shifted over to Tyler, who had been silent this entire time. She bit her lip contemplatively, a habit she'd picked up years ago, wincing when her split lip twinged painfully. A slight grin spread across her face when Joseph attempted at a joke.

"Touche, you could've killed me by this point, eh?" she replied jokingly, pressing the sleeve of her hoodie against her mouth and carefully wiping away the blood.

"I guess I can tell you what I was doing out in the hallway, since you guys pretty much DID save my life, right?" Liz paused for a moment, then continued. "Well, I just moved in two days ago, into Room 407, down the hall over there." Liz pointed down the hall towards her apartment door, then added, "I'm a forensics expert, so the government sent me into town to help out some federal marshal, some guy named Jay. I'd heard you guys had been having some...problems...as of late. I had a few hours to kill before I was supposed to go meet him at the station, so I was about to go down to the lobby to look around and kill some time when the lights went out. I figured it was just some kind of power outage, and I was going to head down the stairs when..." Liz stopped for a second, struggling to remember exactly what had happened. Her head did still hurt like a bitch, to be fair.

"I think I heard...laughing, or something? I don't know. Then something hit me from behind, and the next thing I remember is waking up with you guys a few minutes ago. I don't know how long I was out before you two came up here..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horror ~ Smiling Man   Horror ~ Smiling Man Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horror ~ Smiling Man
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next